ADSM-L

Re: Select Question

2001-08-23 08:45:00
Subject: Re: Select Question
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:40:58 -0400
Try this:

select tabname,colname,remarks from columns order by tabname,colname

Here is a sample output:

TABNAME                COLNAME                REMARKS
------------------     ------------------     ------------------
ACTLOG                 DATE_TIME              Date/Time
ACTLOG                 DATE_TIME              Date/Time
ACTLOG                 DOMAINNAME             Policy Domain Name
ACTLOG                 MESSAGE                Message
ACTLOG                 MSGNO                  Message number
ACTLOG                 NODENAME               Node Name
ACTLOG                 ORIGINATOR             Originator
ACTLOG                 OWNERNAME              Owner Name
ACTLOG                 SCHEDNAME              Schedule Name
ACTLOG                 SERVERNAME             Server Name
ACTLOG                 SESSID                 Sess Number
ACTLOG                 SEVERITY               Message severity
ADMIN_SCHEDULES        ACTIVE                 Active?
ADMIN_SCHEDULES        CHG_ADMIN              Last Update by
                                               (administrator)
ADMIN_SCHEDULES        CHG_TIME               Last Update
                                               Date/Time
ADMIN_SCHEDULES        COMMAND                Command
ADMIN_SCHEDULES        DAYOFWEEK              Day of Week
ADMIN_SCHEDULES        DESCRIPTION            Description

I've redirected that to a file and printed it. I keep a copy on my desk. (:

 Al

+
+         Is there somewhere that I can find the sql names of the
+ fields that
+ are available in the different tables. For example I am trying
+      to query the event table for the start time, completed time, and the
+ status  for specific nodes. I figured out the start time and status
+      but I am having trouble with the completed time. I guess what I am
+ trying to say is, how can I see what info is in the table available
+      to me.  Also is there a way to get rid of the date from the
+ start time.
+
+
+     Thanks