ADSM-L

Re: SNMP

2001-08-21 10:01:05
Subject: Re: SNMP
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:01:05 -0400
tsm will (should) generate its snmp events on its own. snmp is a protocol
over ip. I guess your mvs mainframe has tcp/ip enabled, including proper
routing set. so all you'd have to do is to tell tsm (sorry i don't know
how) the address of the tng box that will have to handle snmp messages, and
it's done.
just give it a try.
things could be different if your client would want to act on tsm from tng,
but it's not the case, ain't it ?

hth

A 15:26 21/08/01 +0100, vous avez écrit :
>The client I am working for wants to start collecting events from TSM. The
event
>manager will be the CA TNG product which will run on an Windows NT
machine. The
>TSM Server is installed on an OS/390. The communication protocol I would
think
>off is SNMP to communicate with TNG but I do not find any references which
are
>talking about SNMP and MVS. Is this a possible solution or do I need to think
>about installing a second TSM server on a NT box which is connected via
>server-to-server with the TSM Server on the mainframe and which can send SNMP
>messages to the TNG server?
>
>The TSM server is V3.7.1
>
>Thanks for any information,
>
>Michel Engels
>TSM Conultant
>Devoteam Belgium

Si nous avons chacun un objet et que nous les echangeons,
   nous avons encore chacun un objet.
Si nous avons chacun une idee et que nous les echangeons,
   nous avons alors chacun deux idees.

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE