ADSM-L

SNMP

2001-08-21 09:26:49
Subject: SNMP
From: Michel Engels <Michel.Engels AT DEVOTEAM DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:26:16 +0100
The client I am working for wants to start collecting events from TSM. The event
manager will be the CA TNG product which will run on an Windows NT machine. The
TSM Server is installed on an OS/390. The communication protocol I would think
off is SNMP to communicate with TNG but I do not find any references which are
talking about SNMP and MVS. Is this a possible solution or do I need to think
about installing a second TSM server on a NT box which is connected via
server-to-server with the TSM Server on the mainframe and which can send SNMP
messages to the TNG server?

The TSM server is V3.7.1

Thanks for any information,

Michel Engels