ADSM-L

Terminated sessions

2001-08-20 13:01:12
Subject: Terminated sessions
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:02:22 -0700
Over the weekend my archives ran but in some instances they reported as
failed because of the below messages seen in the log. I've had this problem
in the past and have been trying to change things on the client end to no
avail. The network settings on each of these are set to 100/full and so is
the switch.

The TSM server is set to use a .cmd on the client to kick off the archives.
Here is what is in the file; dsmc archive -subdir=yes -archmc=month-mgt
"e:\Psoft\*" description="Monthly Archive". In most cases these archives
have run sucessfully in the past but that was when I was only doing a few.
Now that the number has grown I have seen the number of failures grow too. I
don't have problems running daily backups on any of these computers and some
of them pass 20gb or more a night.

The questions I have are these:

1. Is anyone else doing a large number of archives on one specific day?

2. Are those archives done by way of a .cmd file?

3. Does anyone have a better idea on how to run archives?

08/18/01 20:00:48     ANR0482W Session 8333 for node CP-ITS-PSFS02 (WinNT)

                       terminated - idle for more than 60 minutes.

Thanks for the help....

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer