ADSM-L

Server crashed with full dblog volume

2001-08-20 08:48:19
Subject: Server crashed with full dblog volume
From: "Block, Clemens" <block AT RZAG DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:48:40 +0200
Hi Folk!

I have an out of service Problem with our TSM 3.7 Server runnig on
a NT Server.

Depending on special circumstances the Server was unable to
perform a db backup. He tried to dot it for several hours but at the
end the server crashed.

Unfortunately I'm unable to restart the server to perform a db backup
by hand. When I start the server service it crashes after a few minutes
with an Dr. Wartson reporting an application error in dsmsvc.dbg.

What can I do to solve the problem?
I'm not sure, but I think, that the logvolume is 100% full now and so
the server can't start.

In my opinion I can solve the problem, if it is possible to start a db
backup without a running server or exctend the dblog without a run-
ning server. Any idea how to do this?

Is there any other solution to fix my problem?

As I mentioned bellow, the server is out of service at the moment.
Therefore it is really urgent for me to solve the problem.
I'm appreciativelly for any hint.

Thanks in advance
        Clemens