ADSM-L

Re: BRRESTORE

2001-08-20 08:06:29
Subject: Re: BRRESTORE
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:07:51 -0400
>Our SAP-Systems are on AIX-ML8 4.3.3. Last week we had a crash, and we
>tried to restore it from TSM. Our TSM-Server (3.7 Level 2.0) is on MVS.
>Our TDP is Vers. 2.7.25.1
>
>The Restore endet with the following message:
>
>Segmentation violation
>BKI9000E: System error 'Backagent 1 received signal SIGSEGV'
>BKI0020I. End of backint program at: ......(Date)
>BKI0021I: Elapsed time: ....
>send _progress_msg(): Error in write sock()
>The IBM-Hotline had the following suggestion:
>1) The Problem could come from problems with our LAN.
>2) We should alter the MAX-RESTORE-SESSIONS in the UTIL-File from 2 on 4,
>because our MAX-BACKUP-SESSIONS is on 4.

Well, the problem may be incited by your LAN, but a Segfault is the result of a
programming error, meaning that you need a software fix from Tivoli Support.

I'd recommend trying dsmc and dsmadmc operations to exercise some basic
client-server communication to verify the viability of your LAN.
Then try whatever client options changes you can make to possibly
circumvent the problem (TCP* options, etc.).  I presume that your AIX
system is not itself having any problems communicating with other systems,
which would be a basic problem needing attention, as in maybe a flakey
ethernet card.

  Richard Sims, BU