ADSM-L

TSM 4.2/NT restore anomalies

2001-08-20 07:46:01
Subject: TSM 4.2/NT restore anomalies
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:32:20 -0400
I'm in the process of setting up a TSM 4.2 server on AIX, and started
testing some NT4 client stores/restores using the 4.2.0 client.  It
seems that when using the GUI to perform a restore of a particular
directory tree containing files that permissions are not preserved, even
if the "preserve permissions" box is checked.  Instead, it appears to
inherit the permissions of its parent folder/directory.

It seems to work correctly when using the command line.

Not sure if this has already been noted on the list. I have not yet
called this in to support, but thought I'd pass it along before somebody
got stung.

-Lloyd
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267