ADSM-L

BRRESTORE

2001-08-20 07:17:56
Subject: BRRESTORE
From: Dirk Müller <d.mueller AT LVR DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:18:16 +0100
Hello together!

Last week we had a terrible happening.
Our SAP-Systems are on AIX-ML8 4.3.3. Last week we had a crash, and we tried to
restore it from TSM. Our TSM-Server (3.7 Level 2.0) is on MVS. Our TDP is Vers.
2.7.25.1

The Restore endet with the following message:

Segmentation violation
BKI9000E: System error 'Backagent 1 received signal SIGSEGV'
BKI0020I. End of backint program at: ......(Date)
BKI0021I: Elapsed time: ....
send _progress_msg(): Error in write sock()

We tried it 4 times, with the same result. Now we restored our SAP-Machine from
another backup.

The IBM-Hotline had the following suggestion:
1) The Problem could come from problems with our LAN.
2) We should alter the MAX-RESTORE-SESSIONS in the UTIL-File from 2 on 4,
because our MAX-BACKUP-SESSIONS is on 4.

Now we will test it on a testmachine. But if anyone has a idee, I were very
happy.
TIA
Dirk Müller