ADSM-L

Antwort: Win 2K anomolies

2001-08-18 05:18:59
Subject: Antwort: Win 2K anomolies
From: Gerd Becker <Gerd.Becker AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:49:24 +0200
Hi Lawrence,
be carefully with W2k. This needs special attention. There is a very good
redbook available.
See http://redbooks.ibm.com -> Deploying the Tivoli Storage Manager Client
in a Windows200 Environment (SG246141-00)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Gerd Becker
-----
Verantwortlich für die Business-Unit
Verantwortlich für die Business-Unit
Solution Competence Center S/390 and zSeries
-----
EMPRISE NETWORK Consulting GmbH
EMPRISE NETWORK Consulting GmbH
Albstr. 14
70597 Stuttgart

Tel.: 0711/990083-0 oder Mobil: 0172/4036581
Fax: 0711/990083-9
mailto:gerd.becker AT emprise DOT de
mailto:scc AT s390 DOT de
+++++++++++++++++++
http://www.emprise.de
http://www.s390.de
http://www.zseries.de
+++++++++++++++++++

                    Lawrence Clark

                    <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY DOT ST        An:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    ATE.NY.US>                     Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Gerd
Becker/Emprise)
                    Gesendet von: "ADSM:           Thema:  Win 2K anomolies

                    Dist Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    17.08.2001 20:36

                    Bitte antworten an

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

   One of our NT servers is running Windows 2000 and TSM 4.2.  It is
scheduled to run and incremental backup nightly, and every night reports
"failed".  After looking into it as much as we can, we've determined the
following:
 - The "failed" is a result of 4 unsuccessful attempts to backup opened
files.  The 7 opened files are related to the logged on user, and the
system registry.  When we look at other servers in our system running
Windows NT 4.0 with TSM 4.1.1, these files are backed up into an c:
\ADSM.SYS folder.  This folder does not exist in the Windows 2000 server.
Furthermore, when we run the gui for TSM 4.2 on the Win 2K server, there's
nothing in the System Objects.  I believe that should contain the registry
data.
   We're in the process of upgrading approximately 50 servers from Windows
NT to Windows 2000.  Neither excluding these files, nor viewing 50 log
files to verify successful backups are desirable