ADSM-L

Re: Housekeeping

2001-08-17 12:21:47
Subject: Re: Housekeeping
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:21:15 -0400
SG24-5416-01, Getting Started with Tivoli Storage Manager:
Implementation Guide, suggests (roughly) this as the "wheel of life" for TSM

        Nightly incremental node backups
        Copy tape storage pools to offsite tapes
        Backup database
        DR plan creation
        Migration of disk storage pools to tape
        Reclamation of tape storage pools
        Expire inventory

There's a nice diagram in Chapter 11, Scheduling.
I'm sure some people differ, and that this has been thrashed to death before
on the list - anybody know of a good summary anywhere?