ADSM-L

Re: Automating Drmedia moves

2001-08-16 21:42:03
Subject: Re: Automating Drmedia moves
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:41:01 -0400
Scott -
See the move drm and q drm commands.

For example, as soon as db backup and copy stgpool jobs finish (ie, you have
some DR tapes to send away), run:
  q drm wherestate=mountable f=cmd cmdfilename=/tmp/tapes_to_vault
cmd=&VOL&NL (and email that file to your vault service)
  move drm * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault (this will eject the tapes,
in most libraries)
Now TSM thinks those tapes are at the vault, so the courier should come and
get them.

And at some point when expiration / reclamation have finished or at least
done enough work so that you have some tapes ready to come back, say
  q drm * wherest=vaultret f=cmd cmdfilename=/tmp/tapes_from_vault
cmd=&VOL&NL (and email that file to your vault service)
  move drm * wherest=vaultret tost=onsiteret
Now TSM thinks the tapes are really on site, so as soon as the courier
brings them back, the operators can check them in.

The move drm command has a more complicated state machine (ie more states
than just "mountable", "vault", "vaultretrieve", and "onsiteretreive", if
you want to be more -- well --  thorough.