ADSM-L

Database Page Shadowing

2001-08-16 13:06:48
Subject: Database Page Shadowing
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:04:50 +0100
Can anybody give me some info on the DBPageShadow server option?

I've read the documentation and understand what it does but not what I
gain/lose from it. I notice that it requires MIRRORWRITE DB to be parallel.
The consensus on this list server some time ago seemed to be that this
wasn't a good idea in the event of a server crash.

Is database page shadowing a protection against the risks inherent in
running with MIRRORWRITE DB set to parallel, or does it serve some other
purpose?

The docs state that the default is for it to be enabled, but since the
MIRRORWRITE DB option is sequential by default, I would imagine that it is
not active for most of us. Is there anybody out there using it who could
comment?

Thanks
Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682