ADSM-L

Re: tape drive unavailable WHEN THEY ARE!!!!!

2001-08-16 12:53:27
Subject: Re: tape drive unavailable WHEN THEY ARE!!!!!
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:54:10 -0700
Thanks for everyone for writing.  My mail system was down at the same time
so I had to solve it without adsm-l 's help. (But IBM was helpful!!!)
Its the tapes from the old system.  They 'appear' to be incompatible
Its the tapes from the old system.  They 'appear' to be incompatible
with the (same) drives after moving from 3466-c00 w/3.7.2. to
3466-C01 with 4.1.3.

Everythings working fine if I make all these 'legacy' tapes read-only
and add a lot of scratch tapes for migration and reclamation, etc.

thanks for writing

                ... joe.f.

P.S> Didn't we see this problem from someone else??
   ALSO :  I'd like to hear from anyone who has been told they had to make
  all their current tapes READONLY to solve this kind of a problem.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu