ADSM-L

Re: Automatically Starting TSM on Unix (Solaris)

2001-08-16 09:38:38
Subject: Re: Automatically Starting TSM on Unix (Solaris)
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:38:55 -0400
>I have a client who has just installed the newest version of TSM on a
>Solaris machine.
>He has passwordaccess set to generate in his dsm.sys
>file but still gets prompted for the password.

Robert - After installation, did he as root perform a client-server query
         like 'dsmc q sch' to cause the initial prompt so that the password
would be stored on the client?  Thereafter, every such query should not
prompt for the password.  This is to say that you can't just install the
client and fire up the scheduler and have it work with Passwordaccess Generate.

  Richard Sims, BU