ADSM-L

ANR0444w errors on Netware Cluster

2001-08-16 09:21:22
Subject: ANR0444w errors on Netware Cluster
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:21:48 -0400
Greetings,

We're getting these errors when trying to access backup and/or restore
services on any of the Netware cluster nodes via the web interface. It
seems that the problem is related to password authentication, but I'm
not sure why. Each of the 4 clusternodes has the same nodename in
dsm.opt, password generate is set, and nwpwfile is yes. For some reason
it's not storing the nodename pwd. Any command line actions request it,
but it's been entered correctly. On top of that the scheduled backup on
one of the nodes ran fine

The NW clients are 4.2.0, the server is (ahem) 3.1.2.50 (but only for
another month or so) on OS/390. I'm waiting for the Netware admins to
apply the latest tsa nlms (tsa5up6 isn't it?), currently they are 85.12
Dec. 12,2000 for nds and 5.03 Dec 4,2000 for 500.

Thanks for any informed input!

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman