ADSM-L

Verifying Tape Contents

2001-08-16 08:40:25
Subject: Verifying Tape Contents
From: "Mills, John" <John_Mills AT PURINAMILLS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:40:46 -0500
All,
   I have a script that tells me every tape
that has been checked out of our library in
the past 24 hours.  I have been trying to
refer back to what was backed up to each tape.
I don't really mean file list.  I mean simply
what node or if it was the TSM DB backup.  I've
been through the activity log and the best I
can do is nail down what time the tape was
mounted.  The only way I know to do this is
to artificially populate the log with session
information when anything is mounted.  Since
that would be problematic, is there another way?

John Mills