ADSM-L

Re: Expiring DB2 backups/what about ms-exchange?

2001-08-15 08:42:40
Subject: Re: Expiring DB2 backups/what about ms-exchange?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:43:47 -0400
> Hello all,
>         I am having a similar looking problem but it involves
MS-Exchange.
> I do not handle that client. But it sure would help if I can tell the NT
> administrators were to look to fix this problem.  Right now it looks like
> the MS-EXCHANGE backups stay forever with a date/time stamp as a file
name
> and therefore stay ACTIVE.
> Matt

Matt,

With TDP for Exchange version 1, look at the
"EXCDSMC /ADSMAUTODELETE" command.

With TDP for Excange version 2, you do not have
to worry about deletions because it has the
added function of TSM policy management that
will handle expiration of old backups automatically.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono