ADSM-L

Archiving vs. Incremental strategy

2001-08-14 21:23:26
Subject: Archiving vs. Incremental strategy
From: Eduardo Martinez <mcjeduardo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:24:12 +0200
Im trying to define a backup strategy that involves backing up my boxes
on a daily, weekly, monthly (full) and yearly  (full) basis.
Daily backups will last only 3 days, weekly ones only three weeks,
monthly 3 months and yearly 3 years (because of taxes purposes).

Is it a good strategy to mix archiving and incremental back ups with
this schema?
Since monthly and yearly are the ones which last more, will it be
convinient to archive these, and do an incremental on the other ones?

I havent used too much the archive option, so I havent seen a real
useful usage of this option.

Thanks in advance

Regards.

=====