ADSM-L

Re: Database volhist

2001-08-14 14:20:04
Subject: Re: Database volhist
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:19:00 -0300
Yes Richard, when I need to delete one volume to the backup series, because
I need to reuse the volume.
When run the comman " q volhist t=dbb" I saw the 7 volumes with series 1
... 2 ... 3 ... up to 7.
How is the correct form to delete this ? Because i try with the command "
delete volhist t=dbb tod=xxxx, and i can't ...

Thnk yuo very much.

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina

                    Richard Sims

                    <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    Sent by:             cc:

                    "ADSM: Dist          Subject:     Re: Database volhist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR

                    IST.EDU>

                    14/08/2001

                    14:55

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

>I have a backup trigger as backup of ADSM database, and i have a pool of 7
>volumes and I use one per day.
>I run a backup full all the days.
>When i want to reuse the first volumen, appearce a mesage as this:
>
>Scratch volume XXXX from library 3590LIB rejected - volume name is already
>in use.
>
>I want to delete this volume of the volume history, but I can't. I
>specified al the parameters, but i receive a follow mesage:
>0 sequencial volume history entries were successfully deleted

Christian - I suspect that you are trying to delete one volume from a
            Backup Series, as in the Full that the subsequent
Incremental(s)
is/are dependent upon.  Use Query VOLHistory to inspect it in context.
Try to invoke DELete VOLHistory so that one whole, old Series is deleted.

  Richard Sims, BU