ADSM-L

TSM Job "release"

2001-08-14 11:40:22
Subject: TSM Job "release"
From: rh <rh_info_store AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:41:09 -0700
I'm looking for a way to have my operators run my
nightly DB backup and Copypool backup scripts at an
appropriate time. Set times available via
administrator schedules will not work for me. The
other challenge is to allow my operators to run
nightly scripts without having an authority other than
operator. I believe at least the DB backup requires
more than operator priviledge (maybe system), and I
don't want to give them the ability to compromise my
system. The nightly scheduling of administrator
scripts will not work for me as the window for running
the jobs varies from night to night, thus the need to
"release" or run these scripts at appropriate
(varying) times. Anyone met this challenge?

Rod Hroblak
ADP