ADSM-L

EMC, Timefinder, Oracle, and TSM

2001-08-13 23:51:51
Subject: EMC, Timefinder, Oracle, and TSM
From: "E. J." <sysback AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:52:38 -0700
I have an Oracle DB on Sun in an EMC with Timefinder.
The plan is to use Timefinder to create BCV's of the
DB and then back up the BCV's to TSM.  Question:  How
can I use the BCV's and still provide the ability to
restore to the most recent point in time?  If the
entire database is backed-up by attaching the BCV's to
a Backup Server then out to TSM, can the redo logs
created on the DB Server be applied to the full DB
backup taken via the BCVs and Backup Server?

EJ