ADSM-L

Re: new TSM server on Solaris

2001-08-13 13:12:21
Subject: Re: new TSM server on Solaris
From: Rolf Meyer <rolf.meyer AT SUBNET DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:11:15 +0200
Hallo,
at the time, we had to make our decision, LTO was quit new and not avail.
with fiber channel connection.
Today, from the performance/throughput aspect I think, it's equal to 3590.
Stability and quality of tape material is an other aspect to look at.

We use four drives on one FC adapter and reach nearly 15 MB/s at peek times
with GBit Ethernet as dedicated network for SAP backups. I would expect the
same results with LTO on FC.

Greetings
Rolf Meyer