ADSM-L

Re: restore/retrieve in different server ** HELP **

2001-08-11 13:16:56
Subject: Re: restore/retrieve in different server ** HELP **
From: Andrew Raibeck <araibeck AT US.TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:17:35 -0700
There is a "gotcha" with using NODENAME, in that if the target machine has
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE in the options file (which is very likely), then
when you enter your source node's password, it will be encrypted and
stored on the target machine. Thus anyone else can subsequently access
your node's data, presenting a potential security issue. Unless that is
your intent, use VIRTUALNODENAME instead of NODENAME. The difference is
that when you enter your password, it won't be stored on the target
machine, regardless of whether PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE is in effect.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Tivoli Systems
e-mail: araibeck AT us.ibm DOT com

The command line is your friend.

Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
08/11/2001 09:15