ADSM-L

Re: dsmc arch - command issued - seems to do nothing.

2001-08-10 14:12:20
Subject: Re: dsmc arch - command issued - seems to do nothing.
From: Jim Taylor <jtaylor AT ENLOGIX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:10:10 -0700
Thanks Richard

Perhaps I should mention that the way that we backup these databases:

The database filespaces are excluded in the dsm.excl file.

They are archived while the database is down.  We only do Full cold archives
of the databases.

The one we are seeing this with is in excess of 500GB.  Using TDP or any
other method that we have tried to back it up "HOT" results in unacceptable
performance hits to our client.

We use flash copy, on ESS(Shark) to copy the database to a separate location
where we can back it up while the actual database can be brought up and in
use.

Again each time that we have encountered this problem it is with a different
file system within the database.  In fact the last time that we had this
problem it was within a completely different instance on a different client
(same level of software) that any of the previous times.

Thanks Jim