ADSM-L

Testing new releases?

2001-08-08 13:21:46
Subject: Testing new releases?
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:22:23 -5
Is it possible, on one AIX server, to run two TSM servers where each
server is a different TSM version?  For example, one TSM server
running at TSM4.1 and another server running at version 4.2?

We want to do some testing with 4.2 (we're on 4.1) with a spare scsi
jukebox.  We could think of no way to do this on our production
server, even though that server has plenty of resources.  So we've
started putting together a small test server.

Q)  Do you maintain a test server for testing, or do you just dump
the new release onto production and have a good backout procedure?

Rick