ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/TSM and HACMP

2001-08-08 10:41:51
Subject: Re: ADSM/TSM and HACMP
From: Angela Hughes <hughesa1989 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 07:42:37 -0700
Bert,
Will the ADSM server be part of the cluster?  If so,
you'll have to install the server code on all nodes in
the cluster that you'd want to function as well as the
backup server and make those file systems and volume
groups part of the cluster so they'll fail over (they
must be identical in name and size and they are now in
order for them to fail over).
  If it's only the client portion you're worried about
and say you have 2 nodes in the cluster then as part
of the fail over stop the sched daemon on the server
going out of service and start the sched daemon on the
node going in service (this will part of the startup
and shut down scripts for HACMP).  Keep the node names
on the nodes the same for both this is why you stop
the sched daemon on the node going out of service and
only start the sched daemon on the node going in
service when a fail over occurs.  This is the simplest
way so you don't have to remember what node backed up
what and when if you use separate node names for each
node.  The thought here is that since the secondary
node is "idle" and only waiting for a fail over to
occur then there's no need to backup the data
(depending upon the type of cluster you're running).
The ADSM client code will need to be installed on all
nodes in the cluster.  Hope this helps :-).  HACMP is
a GREAT thing :-)!!!! and not a problem for ADSM.
It's just that it has to be set up properly in HACMP.
Thanks,
Angela