ADSM-L

Re: 3466 Migration: ya pays ya money and ya gets nothing.

2001-08-06 14:29:18
Subject: Re: 3466 Migration: ya pays ya money and ya gets nothing.
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:25:41 -0700
Wanda :      thanks!

NOW -   Can a 3466 owner answer this question and save me the cat-and-mouse
I'll get from Level 1:

What, if anything, and especially in the way of run-scripts, is preloaded
on currently shipped  C01 's     ???????

What I mean is, what will I (err, have I) overlaid in the way of
'features' by replacing the shipped database "shell" with my productin DB.

I did a dry run this weekend of restoring the DB from my production system
the the new C01 we have and it worked!  But when I tried to log into ADMIN
and the password was not ADMIN I suddenly realized that I just replaced
everything including, (if anything) that the shipped DB contains.

Shoulda done more lookin around before I ran the test mgration /cnversion.

SIGH!   ... please help!  ... otherwise I'll have to do a restore from
the rinky-dinky 3MM drive that comes with the C01 and redo a lot of
prepwork!!

thanks !
             ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu