ADSM-L

Re: AIX-Tape-Messages

2001-08-06 09:57:43
Subject: Re: AIX-Tape-Messages
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:58:04 -0400
Yes, we have had that.  (We have 3575 library and use the Atape driver).
Updates  and some new fileset installs overwrite the message catalog
for Atape messages.  The solution is to reinstall the Atape driver.
Hopefully you still have the install file, if not download the current
version.  You don't have to delete and reinstall, just use installp with the
-F option, this does a force overwrite of installed package.
It keeps the device definitions (actually I think it deletes and recreates It
keeps the device definitions (actually I think it deletes and recreates them
as they were).  For safety sakes I would make sure no tape activity is
going on in *SM and print out lscfg before doing install.  It only takes
about 1 -2 minutes.

IBM is aware of this problem, I don't know if there is a planned fix.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM 08/06/01 09:45AM >>>
Hy all,

I have a problem with the messages in errpt on AIX 4.3.3
Since we installed Maintenance-Level 6 on AIX 4.3.3 messages from the
tape-drives in our tape-library (3490) look something strange. This does not
only happens with new messages, also old (before the
maintenance-install)message are not more interpreted.
The messages look like this

DE9A52D1   0806150301 I S rmt2           AAA1
D1A1AE6F   0806144101 I H rmt5           AAA0

Does anybody know how to fix ?

Thanks

Christoph

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 08/06/01 10:03:08
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.