ADSM-L

Re: Auditing a shared library

2001-08-06 05:13:07
Subject: Re: Auditing a shared library
From: "Frost, Dave" <dave.frost AT TELEVAULTIT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:13:22 +0100
Yes, _auditing_ the library is safe.  Audit will check the current tsm
logical libvols against the physical ones it finds, checking out any that
are no longer visible.  If you weren't running acsls it would also refresh
the cartridge<=>slot mapping.

What isn't safe is to run a checkin libv search=y unless you restrict the
volrange to those volumes that tsm should know about
(volrange=volxxx,volyyy).  When we were sharing our stk with an amass
application, we ensured that the two apps had distinct label ranges.

Also, tsm should reject any volume that wasn't labelled by "label libv" or
dsmlabel if one got accidentally included in the inventory.  I don't know
what netbackup would do in this case, though.

  Oook,

-=Dave=-
+44 (0)20 7803 8026
+44 (0)20 7803 8026