ADSM-L

Auditing a shared library

2001-08-06 01:01:42
Subject: Auditing a shared library
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:02:14 +1200
Hi all,

Quick question - is it safe to run "audit library" if I'm sharing the
library with another app (Netbackup), and it's a StorageTek ACSLS-controlled
library WITHOUT user access control enabled?

I need to do this because I know a tape has been physically removed without
being checked out.  I have no physical access to the library so I can't just
put it back in (and besides, it may be damaged, as it was jammed in a
drive).

I REALLY don't want to find all the Netbackup volumes in my inventory.  It
would take forever to check them out.

I'm on Solaris, so there's no mtlib utility.  I can run lbtest but that only
lets me do queries.

Server is TSM 3.7.4 on Solaris 7
Library is STK PowderHorn (9310)

--