ADSM-L

Re: Help please, how to format log and db with adsm 3.1 under OS/390

2001-08-03 16:57:34
Subject: Re: Help please, how to format log and db with adsm 3.1 under OS/390
From: John Erik Svendsen <jsv AT DMDATA DOT DK>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:58:13 +0200
Hi René,

Use pgm=DSMFMT instead - one step per dataset:

example:

//*   pre-format ADSM.DB6
//FMTDB6   EXEC PGM=DSMFMT,DYNAMNBR=300,
//         PARM='/SYS3.ADSM.DB6'
//DSMAMENG  DD  DSN=SYS1.SANRMSG(ANRMENU),DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT  DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSTERM   DD  SYSOUT=*

best regards
John Svendsen
DMdata a/s

                    "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,

                    GL-IS/CIS"                   To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    <Rene.Lambelet@NESTLE        cc:

                    .COM>                        Subject:     Help please, how
to format log and
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist         db with adsm 3.1 under OS/390

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    03-08-01 22:44

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Hello,
under OS/390, I have to format 1 log data set and 10 db data sets. The
total
length of all these names is more than 100 caracters. How can I give such a
long string of caracters on the EXEC card, the OS/390 refuses it  when
exceeding 100 car.?

FORMAT 1 ADSM.RCVRYLO1 10 ADSM.DB1 ADSM.DB2 ..... ADSM.DB10'

Is it possible to extend this limit or use a DD card ?

Thanks for any help

René Lambelet
Nestec S.A. / Informatique du Centre
55, av. Nestlé  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
*+41'21'924'35'43  7+41'21'924'28'88  * K4-117
email rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com
Visit our site: http://www.nestle.com

        This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
        may contain information that is privileged and confidential.