ADSM-L

Re: copypools using tsm server to server

2001-08-03 16:15:56
Subject: Re: copypools using tsm server to server
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:15:45 -0500
1) well, this is why I set up a domain just for remote servers, they have no
backup copy group and their archive copy group has a default of never
expiring archives.  (I'm big on covering my a$$)
2) IT is always nice to easily see just what in the heck is going on
utilization wise with a remote server,  by sticking it into an isolated
storage pool, it is real easy to look at things.

additional question answer... to delete a filespace of a source server over
on the target server you can't get away with just
        del file other_server_node
you are forced to use
        del file other_server_node TYPE=SERVER
it is just a CYA in TSM... (which I like ! )
If that is part of a def that you still are having problems with...
I've found it is possible to clean up everything on either end no matter
what order things were deleted/removed
You just have to get the specific commands right with the specific
options...
more along the lines of having to specify "type=server" with a del file,
that sort of stuff
but I've had some pretty UGLY situations and I've been able to clear them
all up...
also remember there are "volumereusedelays" you might have to wait on once
you purge data from tapes & the such...
Oh, and I'm at TSM Srv 3.7 currently.

hope this helps
later,