ADSM-L

Server Down

2001-08-03 03:16:32
Subject: Server Down
From: Phil Stockton <phil.stockton AT RS-COMPONENTS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 08:15:30 +0100
Hi,

Im running ADSM 3.1.2.90 on AIX 4.3.2 ona RS6000 H70

Overnight the log became full.  I ran a dsmfmt to assign another log file
and then dsmserv to extend it.

When I try to bring up the server it falls over.  Bringing it up in single
user mode via ./dsmserv I get the following message

ANR9999D logsec.c(498) log space has been overcommited (no empty segment
found) base LSN =358650.0.0
Server operation terminated.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Regards

Phil Stockton
RS Components

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.

RS Components Ltd.