ADSM-L

Recommended server level for OS/390

2001-08-02 16:38:57
Subject: Recommended server level for OS/390
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:39:34 -0400
Our OS/390 TSM server is currently at 3.7. We have been attempting
to place an order for Version 4. We had been thinking in terms of
4.1, since past experience has made us very nervous about being out
anywhere near the bleeding edge. Tivoli is now on the verge of
withdrawing 4.1 from marketing. I suspect that the Tivoli and IBM
marketing people are going to drag out our ordering process past
the deadline and then refuse to sell us anything but 4.2. If we
manage to avoid that scenario, would we be better off with 4.1 or 4.2?