ADSM-L

Re: Backup Trigger

2001-08-02 15:44:21
Subject: Re: Backup Trigger
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:44:09 -0500
Where are you seeing the name "dbbk.1" ?
if you use a device class that is a file out on a disk somewhere I believe
the names you will see under Unix will be things like 96577202.DBB
if you are going to a tape device, the label should not change.

tsm: TDCDSM03>q volhist t=dbb

       Date/Time: 07/26/01   11:10:09
     Volume Type: BACKUPFULL
   Backup Series: 1,107
Backup Operation: 0
      Volume Seq: 1
    Device Class: 3590DEVC
     Volume Name: AAC382
 Volume Location:
         Command:

OK, I run with IBM S70 servers & IBM 3494 ATL with 3590-B1A drives
I also run with logmode normal  (I have to much client activity to ever
think about running roll forward)
Anyway, daily I perform a full db backup to a scratch tape, then I do a
        del volhist t=dbb tod=-7
to allow any data base backup tapes older than 7 days to go back to scratch.

Dwight