ADSM-L

Actlog shows failure when backups complete.

2001-08-02 15:23:08
Subject: Actlog shows failure when backups complete.
From: Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:23:47 -0400
We just moved one of our Netstore machines to 3.7 (on the way to 4.1)

Ever since we moved to it one of the oracle boxes shows failure in the
morning even though I can see it completed by checking its filespace.  This
particular box is an NT box running Oracle.  There are about 15 9 gig files
that are captured selectively every night.  Anything over 1 gig goes to
tape.  Is it possible that the new server code is trying to start multiple
sessions?  If so how do I limit the number of sessions a client can start?
My best guess is that multiples sessions try to start but when they try to
go to tape one of them does but the rest are waiting for a tape mount
(filespaces are collocated) so they just time out and report as failed.  The
one session that survives completes the backup normally.

Thanks for any help

Jack Palmadesso