ADSM-L

3494 Tape Library

2001-08-01 14:31:19
Subject: 3494 Tape Library
From: "Mauro Jr, Frank" <Frank.MauroJr AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:32:02 -0400
I have a 3494 tape library which is connected through a "brocade switch" to
an AIX 4.3.3 server. The tape library is also used by our mainframe.

I was able to define the tape library and drives to the TSM but when I try
to label or read a tape I get the following error message:
        ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive DRIVE0
(/dev/rmt6) for READ operation, errno = 0.
        ANR8810I Volume X10151 has been labeled in library 3494LIB1.

I used 300 for the Private Category and 301 for the Scratch Category.
             Library Name: 3494LIB1
             Library Type: 349X
             Device: /dev/lmcp0
             Private Category: 300
             Scratch Category: 301
             External Manager:
             Shared: No
         Primary Library Manager:
         Last Update by (administrator): MAUROF
                 Last Update Date/Time: 07/31/2001 18:03:32

Has anyone run into this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Frank Mauro
 Liberty Mutual
 Backup and Recovery Services
 Frank.MauroJr AT LibertyMutual DOT com