ADSM-L

Re: Max # sessions

2001-08-01 08:34:04
Subject: Re: Max # sessions
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:34:48 -0500
The maximum number of total threads is a limit in ADSM.  "show threads" will
return this number.  When is approaching 500, you will have application
issues.  When a server is busy, a thread seems to be used by each of the
following: each database and log volume, a storage pool volume being written
to, each client session running, server processes.  If anyone has a more
precise mathematical model please share.

ADSM multi-threads.  With the right database configuration and network
configuration, 100 clients can be backed up at one time.
Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

WAL-MART CONFIDENTIAL