ADSM-L

bad IBM TAPE contact info

2001-07-31 17:07:18
Subject: bad IBM TAPE contact info
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:11:34 -0500
%sm-ers...
Some months ago, there was a discussion where point of contact info was
given for a person or group within IBM where tape "warranty" issues could
be resolved. I have misplaced this information and need it.  TSM has
recommended 21 tapes be removed from my tape library over the last year due
to excessive media errors which could not be repaired. I need to speak with
the IBM warranty person or group. If someone has this info, I would
appreciate you reposting it!  I have a  3575L32 and use Magstar MP Fast
Access Linear Tape C-Foxmat XL 7GB tapes.  I also hhave a few non-XL
C-Format tapes... Many thanks.

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises