ADSM-L

Re: TSM quick questions

2001-07-31 10:29:39
Subject: Re: TSM quick questions
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:29:12 +0200
Mauicio,

Maybe this is what you are looking for :

Rman allows you to do some kind of "file grouping" by the way of defining
multiple channels for backing up the db. For example, your db has 10
db-files then you could open 2 channels in Rman to backup 5 db-files over
one channel "at the same time". This is how you can parallelize ( and speed
up ) the backup operation. ( Of cause : only as many channels as backup
devices make sense. Otherwise they get serialized again. ) As you mentioned
the backup of archivelogs is also possible over Rman with TDP.

herfried

Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 31.07.2001 16:01:18