ADSM-L

Re: TSM quick questions

2001-07-31 10:00:27
Subject: Re: TSM quick questions
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:01:18 -0400
> Del, thanks for answering. For the last question,  the database runs on
> Oracle. I've checked the page you mentioned and with the interface with
> RMAN, TSM is able to perform the backup of transation logs. Is it the
same
> for "file groups"? By the way, what does "file groups" means?
> For the first question, do you think that the "copy storage pool" option
> can do the job?
> Regards,
>Mauricio

Maurico,

I am not sure what the answer is for Oracle.  I will
ask one of the Oracle developers to respond to this.

"File group" in Microsoft SQL terminology allows you
to "split up" your databases into groupings to
allow for partial backups of certain pieces.
This could be done for physical or logical reasons.

The "Copy Storage Pool" is definitely a way to add
some redundancy to your backups. For more info about
Copy Storage Pools, check this URL:

http://www.tivoli.com/support/public/Prodman/public_manuals/AB/STOR/TSM/GC35-0410-01.html/anrwtfrm.htm

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono