ADSM-L

HELP - Solaris backup problem!

2001-07-30 10:25:29
Subject: HELP - Solaris backup problem!
From: "Dwight R. Wood" <drwood88 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 07:26:13 -0700
Has anyone experienced this before:

I have many Solaris 2.6 and 2.7 machines getting backed up to a TSM server
on Solaris (4.1.2). Each night the backups run with a 'completed' report.
But I have run into a HUGE problem. When the backup runs automatically at
night, it misses almost the entire file system. I have a machine that has
missed the /, /opt, /usr & /var directories every time it runs. But when I
run a manual backup, 'dsmc inc', everything gets backed up. And the
include/exclude file has nothing in it to exclude these directories. Does
anyone know of this problem? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Dwight Wood