ADSM-L

Problem with DB2 space reservation in API backup

2001-07-30 05:13:22
Subject: Problem with DB2 space reservation in API backup
From: Peter Bjoern <pebjn AT WMDATASDC DOT DK>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:07:08 +0200
Hi

We are running backup of a DB2 database thru the API interface to our TSM
4.1 server on AIX.

We are using compression on the client side, but space is reserved in the
disk storage pool on
the server for the size of the uncompressed data.
This makes the space reservation exceed the available space in the pool
(200GB).

I _know_ this is an old problem, but I believe I've seen previously that
there are some parameters you
could adjust to change how much space will be reserved.

I cannot, however, find anything in the archive or in the places in the
documentation where I've looked
so far, so I would like to ask if anybody knows of the existence of such
parameters and where they
would be found and possibly some documentation about them.

Regards

Peter