ADSM-L

Re: Admin changes in last 2 years?

2001-07-27 13:05:34
Subject: Re: Admin changes in last 2 years?
From: John Marquart <jomarqua AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:06:19 -0500
On windows you can compile grep from the gnu distro.  There is cygwin
(check i think:  http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/download.html) which
enables you to use all of your favorite unix tools on windows.   I believe
there is also a full posix subsystem available for windows - which will
give you access to all those tools that windows lacks.

-j
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Francisco Reyes wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Cook, Dwight E wrote:
>
> > On the failed client schedules...
> > You could set a "postschedcmd" to run a script that does something like a
> >         grep -i fail sched.log | mail -s $(hostname)_bkup_failures
> > myid AT my DOT mail.system
>
> How about if the clients are not Unix? In particular NT and Mac.
> Except for purchasing the MKS toolkit $$$, I have not found a grep for NT
> and I have not even tried to look for a grep on the Mac, specially any pre
> OS X Mac. In my opinion this really should be part of the server logs.

John "Jamie" Marquart           |     This message posted 100% MS free.
Digital Library SysAdmin        |  Work: 812-856-5174   Pager: 812-334-6018
Indiana University Libraries    |  ICQ: 1131494         D'net Team:  6265