ADSM-L

Re: Copy storage pools

2001-07-26 14:43:27
Subject: Re: Copy storage pools
From: Francisco Reyes <lists AT NATSERV DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:46:06 -0400
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Liberio, Nick (XEB) wrote:

> I am a newbie to all this and I am wondering if it is possilbe to create a
> copy storage pool and have it write to optical media instead of
> magnetic(tape).

I have never tried, but don't see why you would not be able to do it.
As far as I understand TSM really doesn't care about media types for most
operations. If you can define a storage pool with volumes of optical disk,
then you surely can use it as a copy/storage pool. That, as I see it, is
one of the beauties of TSM.