ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino

2001-07-25 16:30:38
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:25:22 -0400

>'ACD5130E Could not initialize the connection to Lotus Domino properly.
>error=416'
>
> The Lotus Domino folks ensure me that they have not changed anything and
>have not touched TDP since last week, our backups were working fine until
>22:00 on Monday night.
>
> Does anyone have any hints for me that might address this issue?

Brian,

I just looked up error 416 in the Lotus API documentation.
It says:

   "Too many concurrent users of the Notes API package."

Are there other applications running against the
Domino server? It could be that some of the sessions
are not getting cleaned up.
There might be some way to find out who owns all
of the current "connections" to the Domino Server.
Maybe your Domino admin will know.
Stopping and restarting your Domino server will
probably do the trick... If it happens again,
we should see if we have sessions being created
by some application and not letting go.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono