ADSM-L

Re: TSM tapes out of Sink with Library manager

2001-07-24 11:26:33
Subject: Re: TSM tapes out of Sink with Library manager
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:27:04 -0400
Remember - you can't checkin a tape as scratch if TSM has records of data
on it.  IE, if the volume is in a storage pool, has an database backup on
it, or other situation where TSM knows the tape is in use.  You can,
however, check it in a Private, then check it back out and have the library
eject it.  This makes sure that TSM knows where the tape is.

With a vault (and an outside company maintaining it, and maybe another
group handling tape management - I/O work, I recomend auditing your vault
every 2 months, or more frequently, if possible.

Nick Cassimatis
Technical Team Lead
Backup/Recovery Services - Universal Server Farm / e-Business
919-466-7443   T/L 223-8965
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.