ADSM-L

problems with 3583 ultrium library

2001-07-24 05:45:03
Subject: problems with 3583 ultrium library
From: Henrik Ursin <Henrik.Ursin AT UNI-C DOT DK>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:45:46 +0200
Hi,

I'm having a the following problem with a 3883 library with three lto
drives:

1)A mount takes more then 300 seconds
2) a "q libv" tells me where my tapes are located, but tsm can't get to
four of the tapes. An "audit libr" tells me that
"ANR8358E Audit operation is required for library MAXIM.
07/24/01   11:28:41  ANR8834E Library volume **UNKNOWN** is still present in
library MAXIM drive LTO1
(/dev/rmt7), and must be removed manually."

This UNKNOWN vol is libv 259aan:

MAXIM          240AAN        Private                   Data        4,126
MAXIM          241AAN        Private                   Data        4,120
MAXIM          242AAN        Private                   Data        4,121
MAXIM          243AAN        Private                   Data        4,122
MAXIM          244AAN        Private                   Data        4,123
MAXIM          245AAN        Private                   Data        4,124
MAXIM          250AAN        Private                   Data        4,104
MAXIM          251AAN        Private                   Data        4,103
MAXIM          252AAN        Private                   Data        4,102
MAXIM          253AAN        Private                   Data        4,107
MAXIM          254AAN        Scratch                               4,106
MAXIM          255AAN        Private                   Data        4,108
MAXIM          256AAN        Private                               4,096
MAXIM          257AAN        Private                   Data        4,110
MAXIM          258AAN        Private                   Data        4,109
MAXIM          259AAN        Private                   Data        4,111

I,m running tsm 4.1.3 on aix 4.3.3.(highest patch level) and my 3583
firmware level is V2_50_25.lif (lib) and 16E0.fmr (tapes)

It seems to me that I have an inconsistency between what tsm thinks is in
the robot and what the smc library thinks is in the robot.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards

Henrik Ursin            Tlf./Phone +45 35878934
                        Fax        +45 35878990
                        Email henrik.ursin AT uni-c DOT dk
                        Mail: UNI-C
                              DTU, bygning 304