ADSM-L

Re: TCP error 10053

2001-07-20 11:43:50
Subject: Re: TCP error 10053
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:41:38 -0400
>The server only reports:
>ANR0481W Session 5005 for node SVC03 (WinNT) terminated - client did not
>respond within 60 seconds.
>
>I get numerous messages like this.  Our commit timeout is set to 60 seconds.
>I'm not eager to increase that amount since other machines are not having a
>problem.

Well, then that's the problem: your COMMTimeout is way too low.  Mine, for
example, is set to 3600 - no ill effects.  Clients necessarily spend a lot
of time doing stuff in between communicating with the server, as in compressing
and decompressing files et al, and so you have to allow for that.  The TSM
default of 60 seconds is much too low.

You can use the SETOPT command to adjust this without restarting your server.

  Richard Sims, BU