ADSM-L

Re: Oracle RMAN backups - deleting backups

2001-07-20 01:42:30
Subject: Re: Oracle RMAN backups - deleting backups
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:41:10 +0200
David, maybe this KSH sample helps your DBAs

herfried

#!/bin/ksh
#
# call script SID RECUNDANCY e.g zots 3
#
TEMPDIR=/tmp
LOGDIR=/home/oracle/log
SID=$1
REDUNDANCY=$2
SCRIPT=$TEMPDIR/delete_$$_$SID.rman
TMPFILE=$TEMPDIR/report_$$_$SID.tmp

CZOTS="allocate channel for delete type 'sbt_tape' parms
'ENV=(DSMI_ORC_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt,
DSMO_AVG_SIZE=1024, DSMO_NODE=ZOTS, DSMO_PSWDPATH=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin,
DSMO_AVG_SIZE=5, DSMO_FS=adsmzots)';"

_get_old_backups()
{
     echo "report obsolete redundancy = $REDUNDANCY;" |rman target
internal/Pass@$SID rcvcat rman/pass@rman | grep RMAN-06285
}

_create_script()
{
     case $SID in
          zots) echo "$CZOTS\n";;
     esac
     while read A B C D E THEFILE
     do
          echo "change backuppiece '"$THEFILE"' delete;"
     done < $TMPFILE
     echo "release channel;"
}
_get_old_backups > $TMPFILE